Friday, October 9, 2009

The Face On The Milk Carton

Most Recently Read Book:

The Face On The Milk Carton

By Caroline B. Cooney

This book really had me thinking! I think I have heard of situations kind of like the one in this book on the news before, but this book really describes what someone in this situation would think about and go through.

Let me explain what happens in this book! The main character is in high school and one day she looks down at the milk carton in the cafeteria and sees a picture of herself when she was 3 on the side of the carton listed as a missing child! She knows it's her because she has distinctive red, curly hair and she remembers having worn the dress she's wearing in the picture. She goes through so many emotions that range from being scared/mad at her "parents" to struggling with wanting to know who her real parents are. I was gripped by this book! (I have to add that there is some romance mixed in...just the right amount - but I would still recommend this book for high school students.)

No comments: