Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Secret Science Alliance

Most Recently Read Book:

The Secret Science Alliance and the Copycat Crook

By Eleanor Davis
I loved comics when I was a kid but it's been hard for me to read graphic novels as an adult because I seem to have such a hard time following the story and taking it all in to understand what is happening. Some of them seriously give me headaches. This book...and I so hope it becomes a series...is awesome!

This is the story of Julian, a complete science nerd who really feels like he doesn't fit in but is excited at the chance to move to a new school where no one will know him. He doesn't really fit in all that well at his new school until two unlikely scientist/inventors uncover his true science nerdy-ness and they become a team of inventors. Complete with secret clubhouse, an evil scheming adult and a mystery, this book rocks!

I really enjoyed the illustrations and already shared this book with one of my eighth grade students who really connected with the text and thought Julian was a great character.

No comments: