Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Naked Mole-Rat Letters

Most Recently Read Book:

The Naked Mole-Rat Letters

Mary Amato

Love it!!!!! I really enjoyed this book. The main character of this book, Frankie cracked me up. Frankie basically goes into freak-out mode when she finds out that her father his a love interest - a woman he met randomly while at a conference in New York. Frankie doesn't really know how to handle it and goes into full-on sabotage mode, writing e-mails to this woman, not doing her homework, lying at school...I think it's unfortunate that she does lie and forge e-mails from her father, but I do think it's something relate-able for junior high school kids. It's not right to lie but at that age even though you know it's not right to lie I can see how you can get caught up in not knowing how to deal with the situation or how to talk to your dad about the issue of him dating.

I liked the author's writing style in this book. Some of the description was really great...my favorite part was when Frankie tries to put hair curlers in her hair. I can't get that out of my head...it brings me to tears if I try to tell anyone about it! You have to read this book!

1 comment:

Mary Amato said...

Great blog! Loved your comments about my book. The Naked Mole-Rat Letters was a book that came straight from my heart. Glad you connected with it.
www.maryamato.com