Sunday, October 25, 2009

Monster

Most Recently Read Book:

Monster

By Walter Dean Myers

I honestly had heard of this book before but didn't really know what it was all about until I grabbed it the other day when I was at the library. It's a very short book but it's also a very interesting book. It's about a boy who is on trial for a robbery/murder that happened at a drugstore in his neighborhood. The boy tells his own story by writing it as a movie. The book follows him through the trial. I liked that this book really made me think and analyze the different characters. Courtrooms and trials are so not my thing so it kind of made me feel out of my element to listen and try to figure out what all the people involved were thinking and if they were telling the truth. At the same time, I think it's healthy to read about things that are strange to us because it helps us challenge our thinking. I definitely would recommend this book.

No comments: