Sunday, March 11, 2012

Slice of Life #11 - Beautiful Like You

The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

Last night, Chad and I went with new friends to see Lee Dewyze perform at Viper Alley. I loved him from the beginning of the Idol season that he was on. He's from a suburb of Chicago and I got to go see him when he came home when he was in the top three of American Idol and then when he did his first performance after Idol. Now that I think about it, we've seen him a lot. We saw him when he did the grand opening of Viper Alley last year around this time and then over the summer at Great America, too. 

I love his voice. I love when he gets to a really great part of a song and he can just takes his voice to another level. There are a lot of songs he sings that are so much fun to sing along to. I'm sure I annoy the people in front of me because I just belt it out right along with Lee Dewyze. 
Beautiful Like You is one of my favorites, but last night I really thought about what this song was saying and it occurred to me that it's telling "you" to slow down and really look at life. To see the beauty in yourself and in the world around you. I had to share because it goes along with what I seem to be saying lately about really stopping to look and appreciate the life we have. I've said I'm an optimistic person and that means I really try to see the good in everything that comes my way. To be thankful for even the small things in life and in the things that maybe don't seem to be blessings at first. 

Here is the chorus of Beautiful Like you:

If you could only just stop stop stop running
If you could only take a second to breathe it in
Everything that you know would be beautiful
Like you
You know they're never gonna stop stop stop your love
Let's pretend that the world is waking up
Everything that we see is beautiful
Like you
Like you



What are you stopping to take a second to breathe in today? 

No comments: