Saturday, March 24, 2012

Slice of Life #24 - Happiness Is...

The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.


When I was in fourth grade, we performed You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown for our drama class.
 Acting and having to remember lines and everything makes me nervous, but I love music and I loved the songs. There have been a few times when I find myself in Hallmark looking at their Peanuts line and remembering those songs. The Happiness Is... song is one of my favorites. Tonight, I was getting milk and water for Danny and Jordan and I opened the fridge to grab the milk. Immediately, I gasped and thought, "Oh, no...I hope the milk is still good..." And then I looked and realized we have until the 27th to finish the gallon. It was a relief. Fridays are always hard days at our house. We are so tired from the week and then we just want to come home and decompress. The last thing I needed was to not have fresh milk to give Danny. That relief flooded over me and I thought to myself, "Happiness is...when the milk isn't expired yet!" It's nice when little things seem to go in your favor.

No comments: