Friday, March 16, 2012

Slice of Life #16 - Disney Envy

The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

Sorry, still writing about Disney...but I can't help it. I just found out yesterday that one of my co-workers is going to Disney World over spring break. I get excited that a friend gets to experience Disney but at the same time I get a bit jealous. I start thinking of all my most favorite things about Disney that I want to tell her about and while I'm drumming up all my tricks to tell her, I'm visualizing being back at Disney and then I start to pine for it.

It doesn't help that Jordan has been talking about Disney lately. He'll randomly say, "The next time we go to Disney World..." and then he finishes with something he wants to do or something he wants to buy. He's got the bug as much as I have. It's pretty awesome actually. I love that he remembers it and that he wants to go back as much as I do.

The first time we took Jordan was in 2008. He had turned 1 in May and we went in July. We first went to Tampa to visit Chad's family and celebrate his grandma's birthday and then we went to Disney. We decided that since Jordan was still little enough that he would eat off of our plates wherever we went that we would get the dining plan. We chose quite a few character meals that were buffets and then some sit down meals. It was definitely enough food wherever we ate.

The dining plan we chose gave us a fast food/food court meal, a snack, and a sit-down restaurant meal. The snack is actually a nice deal, it was a drink and two small snacks - like a yogurt and a fruit cup or something like that. We did great. We also had lots of snacks packed, like raisins and granola bars and such.

Here are some of the restaurants we have eaten at at Disney World:

Crystal Palace Character Lunch at Magic Kingdom- with Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet
Tusker House at Animal Kingdom - with Donald, Mickey, Goofy, and Daisy or Minnie
Hollywood and Vine at Hollywood Studio - with Oso, Leo, June, and Handy Manny
O'Hana at Disney's Polynesian Resort - with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto
Teppan Edo in Japan at Epcot - where they cook in front of you!
50's Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios - old-fashioned American food

They were all great! Last year when we went they even had lots of vegan options for me which made it even more amazing. Tusker House had some awesome vegan dishes that were different. I love the atmosphere of a character meal. You just hang out and the characters come to you! Much better than waiting and waiting in line - especially when it's hot and kids are cranky. The meals were definitely highlights of our trip.

I linked up to my posts from 2008 after that trip...I realized that I NEVER BLOGGED ABOUT OUR TRIP FROM LAST SUMMER! Sheesh, I feel like a crap mom. I may have to do a recap because it was a fun trip. We had a blast and we have baby-Danny-at-Disney pictures. Love.


No comments: