Friday, March 23, 2012

Slice of Life #23 - Hunger Games at Midnight!

The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.


Another Disney break! Look at me go! It's 10:35 p.m. on Thursday night as I start to write this post. I am leave in about half an hour to go pick up my sister so we can go see Hunger Games! I am so excited! I totally did not plan to see it at midnight. Instead, I was going to see it during a regular showtime with Chad. He actually listened to the book!!!! It's amazing, right? I love it. I love that he knows what Hunger Games is all about. 


So we were planning to see it some time this weekend until I was on Twitter tonight and saw everyone talking about going to see it at midnight and I realized I was going to be really sad if I wasn't one of those people. Now that I think back on it, I have been to lots of midnight shows...at least what I deem the important ones. I have seen the new Star Wars movies at midnight, Harry Potters (especially the first and last one...I can't remember how many of the others), Lord of the Rings, *cough* Twilight, and now Hunger Games. I totally get that it's crazy but I am at least going when my family is all sleeping so I don't feel so bad. And then I don't have to wait and hear what everyone else has to while I wait to see it. 


For a lot of my midnight shows/book releases, I have dragged my sister along. She isn't always excited to go, but she usually comes with me and (I think) has fun. Sometimes I can convince a friend to go with me but it doesn't always work out. Tonight when I called Jacquie and asked her to go, she said she was wondering why I hadn't called her all week. I really was planning to go with Chad until I started to get a feeling that I really really wanted to go. Luckily, I suggested she read Hunger Games when she got her Nook so I had that on my side. If she hadn't read it already, I don't think she would have come. 


I feel super lucky tonight that I get to go and I have someone to go with. I also finished reading See You At Harry's by Jo Knowles which is a completely heart-wrenching book. I am super thankful for my family's health and safety and happiness after that book. It was really well written but super sad. Hug your loved ones. Be glad they aren't being chosen and dragged away to the Hunger Games!


What's really cool is that by the time this post goes live, I'll be sitting in the theater watching the movie!!! Craziness.

No comments: