Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Slice of Life #13 - What I Don't Know and What I Know

The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

Ugh! I am sitting here staring at the computer…then looking around…then looking at my nails. I can’t think of anything to write...again! I have ideas for things to write but either I don’t want to write them or they don’t seem entirely worth of writing. I just went through this the other day, that writing everyday is hard…and yet here I am again struggling with what to write.

What I Don’t Know:
What we’re having for dinner – 
guacamole sounds really yummy but I should probably find something at home to cook.
If I’m picking up the kids tonight – 
we didn’t talk about it before I left the house and I didn’t get to talk to Chad before school.
If my high school student I will see 8th hour worked on his video entry over the weekend for an advocacy contest he is entering.

What I Do Know:
It’s a gorgeous day outside – it’s warm, the sun is shining, there isn’t a cloud in the sky.
I am thinking about spring break – time to relax, time to be with my family, time to read!
I am thinking about the end of the school year – it’s already so nice out and I keep thinking about the summer when we can ride bikes and go to the pool and play outside.
I like my lunchtime when I can sit and do what I want to do. There is something about having to take the morning to do state testing that makes me not want to do anything else.
The 6th grader I see in a few minutes is going to love the bookmark I have to give her – she designed it last week and I printed it for her over the weekend.

No comments: