Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Slice of Life #6 - I'm Seeing Things

This is part of the Slice of Life Challenge hosted by the Two Writing Teachers.

I just realized I should have taken this picture from a different angle, but I think you'll get the picture. Jordan is drawing and imagining so much more lately. When we picked him up from preschool he had a pile of papers and artwork to bring home. As I was waiting for him to jump into the car, I noticed this as I was sifting through the pile:
At first, I wasn't even sure I wanted to ask what it was. You know how sometimes you ask them and kids get all mad that you can't figure it out? Or they think it's fun to make you guess but you can never get it right, so then they get mad when you guess all wrong? I turned to Chad and asked him what it was. He had already seen it in the pile and saw what I saw but didn't know what it really was. All I could think of was the picture of the mom who works at Home Depot. If you have never read this story, you have to click over, it's so funny. I tried and tried but finally had to give up. I held it up and asked Jordan, "Hey, what's this that you made?" And then Chad and I had to laugh when we heard the answer!

Does this give you a hint?
It's a toothbrush! DUH!

On a more serious note. Chad and I were both able to pick Jordan up from preschool today. It was fun. He was so surprised to see the both of us but so happy at the same time. We have been talking about what we are going to do next year when he goes to kindergarten. I desperately want to be home when he gets home from school or for him to at least be able to leave school and go home and meet someone at our house or go to a friend's house. Chad is a supporter of before-school and after-school care. I don't have anything against it, but I think it's nice for a kiddo to be able to come home after school, change clothes, have a snack, and just be home. I hope we can make it work somehow!

No comments: