Monday, March 19, 2012

Slice of Life #19 - Disney Break

The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

I'm taking a short break from my Disney banter today! I stopped at the library today. I had three books to return and a few on hold...a few was more like 8 actually. When I went in, I took one tote bag with me. I wandered a bit and grabbed books from my TBR. My library website actually has an option to put books on a "For Later" shelf. It's very similar to GoodReads except hosted by my library. It's awesome because I can put them on my "For Later" shelf and then when I'm at the library I can pull up the list on my iPad and wander around grabbing the books I need. I used to make lists from GoodReads but now I don't have to do that any more!

I grabbed my books and went to check out. The girl at the counter grabbed my holds. There must have been some holds that just came in because I wasn't expecting that many. I started filling up my tote bag...and realized there was no way my books were all going to fit. I managed to fit the books and my wallet/purse/mini-bag into the tote bag and then I carried the stack of audiobooks out on my own.

Here's my question: Why do I inevitably choose the exactly wrong kind of bag or only one bag to bring in with me to the library? I need to start taking in multiple bags or a super mega giant bag for my library haul. Maybe I'll get smart and actually remember this one day!

No comments: