Friday, March 30, 2012

Slice of Life #30 - What Will It Feel Like NOT To Slice?

The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

Spring break is finally winding down for me. It's time for the weekend and then back to school on Monday. We do have Friday off, so it'll be a short week...but we all know short weeks feel like the longest weeks most of the time. As much as I think I would like to go on staying home and relaxing, I know I'll also feel rejuvenated and ready to get back to my students and my routine. 

I'm curious how Monday will feel knowing that I don't have to write a Slice post at all all day. I can go to work and know that I don't have to stress about writing it ahead of time, before I leave for work, or when I come home. I'll have the freedom to not write. Somehow I never got the hang of finding a good time to sneak this writing piece into my life. I really do want to write everyday and I really do have a book that I want to work on but I haven't figured out how to fit it in in a really seamless way. There are so many things to juggle for me right now. 

Yesterday, when I talked about where I was two years ago, I really was amazed at how different my life is from what it was two years ago. Things are the same but things are entirely different at the same time. One of my lovely readers, I think Maria, commented that her life is pretty much the same except for her kids are older now. I am such a nonstop-what's-next kind of person that I don't even know how to life my life in the hopes of being in the same place in two years. 

I already have a vision of how my life might be different in two years. Of course, I will be older and my kids will be older, but I have a feeling there are some other things that will be different, too. In a way, I wish I could slow down and be happy with my life and just go on living how I have been living and doing the same thing...but at the same time, I love that I am willing to take risks and see myself expanding my life. 

No one can really truly know where life takes us. One of my favorite quotes is the only thing that never changes in life is that life is that life will always change. Nothing can ever really be the same. It reminds me of the Robert Frost poem "Nothing gold can stay." As much as we can try to hold onto a moment, nothing can last forever. Whether I am able to slow down and change less or whether I keep up my pace and turn things on their heads, I'm happy to embrace change. Honestly, the idea of change meaning I don't have to Slice everyday I am super happy to embrace. (I mean that with love Slice of Life.)

No comments: